Dial 711 or 866.735.2460
Standard telephone users can easily initiate calls to TTY users. The Communication Assistant types the hearing person’s spoken words to the TTY user and reads back the typed replies.
How to contact the TTY user:
- Dial 711 (or 866.735.2460)
- You will hear a voice recording telling you to press “1” to make a relay call.
- Give the Communication Assistant the area code and telephone number you wish to call and any further instructions.
- The Communication Assistant will process your call, relaying exactly what the TTY user is typing. The Communication Assistant will relay what you say back to the TTY user.
TIPS FOR HEARING CALLERS:
- Be sure to talk directly to your caller.
- Avoid saying “tell him” or “tell her.”
- Say “GA” or “Go Ahead” at the end of your response.