For best RCC results, use the following “Tips” to help manage your meetings:
- Provide presentation materials in advance by responding to confirmation email for scheduled event.
- Speakers should identify his or her name before speaking. The captions will display the name of the individual who is speaking and assist the RCC participants during the meeting.
- Ask speakers to clearly enunciate and speak into the telephone or microphone (especially when using the polycom or conference speaker).
- Ask speakers to take turns speaking (one person at a time) so that the captioner is able to capture everything that is being said.
- Ensure that all non-speaking participants have their phones on mute.
- In Q&A sessions, ask speakers to repeat questions from participants prior to answering participant questions.
- Reduce background noise such as paper shuffling, moving of the speakerphone, rustling of snacks, etc.
- Ensure that any video or presentation is played near enough to the telephone or microphone that the captioner can hear the audio.
- Email conference call information (such as participants’ names or preparation material that may apply: acronyms, PowerPoints and/or key terms) to RCC@sprint.com, along with conference ID number found in confirmation email. This will assist captioner to accurately support the communication and captioning efforts during your RCC event.
- Ability to change font size, font style, font color and background to meet your visual needs
For technical or captioning issues during an event, please email RCC@sprint.com or call (800) 590-4197 in order to troubleshoot real-time and ensure captions are received.
We hope that these tips are helpful to you! If you have any additional tips that would benefit Missouri RCC customers, or if you would like to share your own experiences, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.